Benelux Container Terminal
tisdag 6 september, 2016
Benelux Container Terminal
location: Benelux Region
Independent Container Terminal operation in the Benelux region
A rental company has put the new Hyster ReachStacker into a container terminal operation in the Benelux region.
After prolonged testing by an independent user in the Benelux region, data shows that a new Hyster ReachStacker is using up to 5.7 litres (1.3 Gal) of fuel less per hour compared to competitor reachstacker models at the same container terminal.
The Independent Container Terminal Operation required an efficient materials handling solution that would help to reduce overall expenditure.
The Hyster equipment is required to support the demanding container terminal operation. The materials handling equipment includes:
Hyster RS 45-31CH ReachStacker
Benefits Hyster brought to a container terminal in the Benelux region
- Significant fuel savings of up to 23%, or EURO 60,000 per year, can be delivered across the site by the Hyster ReachStacker, which is using 18.8 litres per hour compared with competitor brands which are using 24.5 litres of fuel per hour while performing identical work over similar shift patterns. A difference of 5.7 litres (1.3 Gal) equates to about 23% savings
- Reduced emissions and Tier 4i / Stage IIIB compliance have been achieved at the Benelux Container Terminal, thanks to the Hyster ReachStackers, which feature the new Cummins QSL9 diesel engine, integrated with Hyster technologies. Combining cooled Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) with an improved High Pressure Common Rail (HPCR) fuel system enables cleaner and more efficient combustion, and effectively controls NOx emissions. It also features cooling on demand, load sensing hydraulics, RPM management and alternate engine idle speed, to help further reduce the total fuel consumption in all applications
- Uptime has been maximised by the new Hyster ReachStacker that delivers excellent power from the 9 litre Cummins engine with more horsepower (HP) and torque compared with the previously used 11 litre engine. Drivers reported lots of power and excellent performance and there is even additional boost while revving-up thanks to the Variable Geometry Turbocharger (VGT™). Operators can also select either an HiP “high performance” or ECO-eLo “fuel efficiency” mode, according to operational requirements
- Operator satisfaction is provided by the ergonomically designed, full sliding, “Vista” cab featured on the Hyster ReachStacker, which delivers a comfortable operating environment with excellent all around visibility and includes a container weight display (also showing distance and height). Due to the cooling on demand, noise levels are also kept very low and it is proven to be the quietest in its class
How did Hyster help?
- Supplied reliable tough equipment to support the demanding operation
- Helped to reduce the overall operational expenditure through significant fuel savings
- Provided the equipment on a service maintenance contract with its local distribution partner